Several years ago fake likes and followers were extremely popular on Instagram, and everyone was using various methods of cheating to gain popularity. However, overtime it hase become clear that there is more harm than benefits from Instagram cheats. Hive Analytic team suggests to sort the things out:
- how Instagram cheating can be useful nowadays;
- what problems such actions can lead to;
- how to recognize an account with cheat;
- how to gain popularity without it.
How does the Instagram cheat work?
Popularity leads to the profit. This belief is the basis of cheating not only on Instagram, but also on other social networks. If an influencer has got many followers and likes from them, the benefits are obvious:
- the audience increase;
- advertising contracts;
- possibility of collaborations with other inflencers.
Numerous platforms hand out various promises:
- fast account growth;
- lively people;
- ... and very low prices.
In fact, such platforms cannot provide you with real subscribers. Instead you get followers of two categories:
- Fakes - these are Instagram profiles created specifically for earning money. They don't care who you are, what you do and offer. They will receive less than one dollar per subscription and never visit your page again.
- Bots. Special programs create the accounts of non-existing people, and this is even worse than fakes. The things is that Instagram has learned to identify them, so do not expect anything good from bots.
Massfollowing and massliking: the machine of likes and subscriptions
In addition to the obvious cheating with number of followers, there are other tricks that promise the popularity of the account:
- Massfollowing is a situation when a person follows huge amount of the account having a hope that someone will subscribe in response or at least simply visit his or her page and accidently gets interested in content.
- Massliking is active liking of posts of potential target audience.
This is not exactly the cheating, but also far from sincere attracting people with content. Doing such manipulations manually is not easy, and that is why special services and machines come into play. This also increases the risk of losing an account or getting other sanctions from the administration of the social network.
Influencers view: why cheat?
There are several reasons for people to use unfair methods and end up sacrificing their reputation:
- An account with a large number of followers simply looks better, and new people subscribe more willingly. Actually it is not completely true. Nowadays Instagram users have become harder to fool. They pay attention to the ratio of likes and comments with the total number of followers. In fact, if the content is interesting, the legal methods of promotion will work, and otherwise the real audience might run up.
- Attractiveness for advertisers. Theproblem is that only naive and lazy brands will not recognize cheating at the stage of an influencer selection.
- Sales increases. It would be weird to believe that bots can get interested in the content and even buy something.
In fact, there are no results from cheats. The account does not look more impressive, advertising does not work, the statistics get worse.
Cheat as a black mark
Instagram cheating doesn't make sense nowadays, and though this is not even a theorem, but an axiom, we will try to prove it to you. 99% of new followers, gained unfairly, New followers, rare "dead". These are either bots or people who want to earn money for a subscription. Even if they do not undollow very soon, they obviously will not view the content and you will not receive any profits from them.
The use of bad scam platforms is fraught with bots in the list of the followers. Very soon they will get blocked and disappear - and this will only spoil the statistics. Remember that Instagram "cleans" followers lists regularly.
- Good if you just lose your fake followers;
- At worst, Instagram administration can block your account.
Experts recommend using cheat only for the new empty accounts, and even then adding 50-100 people for the quick start is enough. However, this step can also be omitted if the advertising channels are properly adjusted.
Cheating with the Instagram audience is useless for dealing with potential advertisers as well - unfair promotion can be calculated immediately. All adequate advertisers:
- ask to provide true statistics;
- calculate reach and ER;
- examine the account attentively.
Times change, algorithms become smarter, likes are not the only measure of success anymore. On the contrary, the role of comments has increased, as they demonstrate the involvement of subscribers in communication with the influencer and observing his or her life and following recommendations. To sum this all up, we point out a few obvious drawbacks of cheating:
- risk of an account loss;
- distrust of advertisers;
- risk of catching viruses when using programs for cheating;
- disappointment of the audience and mass unfollows.
Any potential advertiser wants to find an influencer capable of communicating with the real audience and reinforcing the recommendations of a product or service with true authority.
Is it possible to develop without cheating?
This is not just possible, but rather necessary. Good experienced influencers understand that fake followers are very easy to detect. Here is what one is recommended to invest in instead of bots:
- development of pesonal style and identity;
- creating interesting and useful content;
- communication with the audience, albeit small one;
- advertising itself;
- collaboration with other opinion leaders.
Remember that it is much easier to detect cheating than to restore reputation after it. This is an inefficient waste of funds that can be invested in the advertising budget, which leads to a more substantial and safe result.
How Hive Analytic detects cheating
The main task of the advertiser is to find good influencers for a product or service, which requires experience, time and energy. Moreover, not only money but also brand reputation is at stake in this case.
One advertising campaign with an influencer, who has got fake followers, may cost several years of work, so it is important to detect fake followers during the exploratory stage. Unfortunately, the human factor can never be ruled out: even the most experienced person can miss the signs of cheating. As for the Hive Analytic service, it works precisely:
- Smart algorithms calculate the ratio of bots, massfollowers, public pages, common users and other influencers among the followers of each influencer.
- High-quality verified accounts are selected to provide the best result for our clients.
- Our predictions of reach take into account the percentage of real active users.
We beileve that the advertiser must know how many real people follow an influencer on Instagram.